United States District Court, E.D. Kentucky, Northern Division, Ashland
April 7, 2014
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Plaintiff,
JEREMY M. BROWN, Defendant.
ORDER ADOPTING REPORT & RECOMMENDATION
DAVID L. BUNNING, District Judge.
This matter is before the Court upon the March 18, 2014 Report and Recommendation ("R&R") of the United States Magistrate Judge, wherein he recommends that Defendant's supervised release be revoked. (Doc. # 17). The Magistrate Judge recommends that Defendant be sentenced to the custody of the Attorney General for a period of six (6) months imprisonment, followed by thirty (30) months of supervised release. During the Final Revocation Hearing conducted by Magistrate Judge Atkins on March 12, 2014, Defendant admitted to violating the terms of his supervised release as set forth in the February 27, 2014 Violation Report. ( See Doc. # 5).
Defendant having waived his right to allocution (Doc. # 13), and no objection to the R&R having been filed, the R&R is ripe for the Court's consideration. Having reviewed the R&R, and the Court concluding that the R&R is sound in all respects, including the recommended sentence and the basis for said recommendation, and the Court being otherwise sufficiently advised,
IT IS ORDERED as follows:
(1) The Report and Recommendation (Doc. # 17) is hereby ADOPTED as the findings of fact and conclusions of law of the Court;
(2) Defendant is found to have VIOLATED the terms of his supervised release;
(3) Defendant's supervised release is hereby REVOKED;
(4) Defendant is sentenced to the custody of the Attorney General for a period of six (6) months imprisonment, followed by thirty (30) months of supervised release. During the term of supervised release, Defendant shall pay for and successfully complete an inpatient drug rehabilitation program approved by the United States Probation Office; and
(5) A Judgment shall be entered concurrently herewith.